Account Executive Sr, Epoxy
Develops, maintains, and grows large domestic Epoxy accounts in North America.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works under the direction of the Manager-Sales but operates independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Accountable for successfully growing the sales and profits for the assigned customer base within the region, while identifying and targeting new customers and or business opportunities within the region. Responsible for setting/coordinating the account strategy for all accounts.
- Manages large accounts with increased complexity either in market segmentation or product mix.
- Responsible for key financial objectives that include sales volume, revenue, MOM, variable margin, forecast accuracy, strategic product sales, working capital (payment terms) and expense management. Develops detailed annual sales plan and facilitates / coordinates all functional resources to deliver on plan.
- Under guidance of Manager-Sales and Manager-Commercial, negotiates prices, sales volumes, commercial agreements and contracts for all products.
- Develops and implements a key account business plan (KAP) for the key and strategic customers in their account portfolio consistent with the overall businesses strategic plan. Develops, communicates and executes negotiation strategies.
- Develops and maintains relationships at customers, including business leaders, procurement contacts, and personnel in labs and factories to establish Westlake’s value at all levels (multi-level selling).
- Builds working relationship with account managers in other regions for identified global accounts and jointly determine how to coordinate at the account, share meeting notes, and set direction regionally and globally.
- Possesses expertise in sales strategies, face-to-face selling skills and, if applicable, specialized products or markets.
- Acts as a conduit between Westlake and customers to provide input and messages on market, and investigate and return information on sales trends, market intel and forecasts.
- Keeps strong communication lines open with Business Director, Market Segment Leaders, Business Development Managers, Technical Service Managers, Production, Supply Chain, Product Management, Finance, and other functions tangential to Sales.
- Participates in interdepartmental meetings to review and address account needs. Collaborates with fellow account managers on negotiations, account strategies, and goal achievement. Contributes to process improvements and efficiencies within department.
- Utilizes Salesforce to manage current accounts, document call reports in timely fashion, and track prospective opportunities and leads.
- Forecasts customer sales volumes annually and on a rolling 30, 60, and 90-day basis.
- Supports accounts receivables department to minimize overdue customer payments.
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, technical discipline or relevant equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience, preferably in Epoxy or chemical industry; alternatively, 10+ years of equivalent experience in engineering or chemicals industry, preferably Epoxy.
- Ability to travel by air or car (must maintain a clean driving record.)
- Strong knowledge of the industry. Should be able to understand the factors that influence Epoxy supply/demand and pricing and compile data independently to begin formulating an analysis of the current market landscape.
- Possesses expertise based on long and proven track record in sales strategies, face-to-face selling skills, negotiations and specialized products or markets.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to the appropriate audience in a timely manner and to communicate with and make presentations to customers and management.
- Completes responsibilities and projects assigned by management in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, organization and time management skills. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong personality, able to drive tough negotiations with customers
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Salesforce, SAP and other software tools.
DESIRABLE TRAITS NEEDED FOR SUCCESS
- Agility and Perseverance
- Creative and Innovative
- Ability to work in partnership with all business functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Have the ability to manage a home office, remote from the corporate office, with proper setup, technical tools, and minimal in-house distractions which are conducive to a remote sales environment.
Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 60% including air travel or auto travel.