Prepare property tax returns, process payments of property tax bills, provide transaction tax compliance support, and provide support for all transaction tax audits. Assist with sales and use tax compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Calculate tax estimates and process property tax bills
- Prepare property tax returns
- Provide support on audits related to property tax and sales and use tax, including preparation of documentation
- Advise AP and vendors on sales & use tax questions and process
- Prepare monthly summary reports as required by management
- Ensure exemption certificate process
- Analyze and reconcile associated general ledger accounts
- Maintain tax calendar and ensure all returns are filed
- Assist with the administration function for Vertex, and OneSource property tax software
- Conduct research on local and state tax issues impacting the company
- Special projects as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. Masters in Tax or Finance or JD and/or CPA a plus.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in tax or accounting.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong project management skills preferred.
- Experience using property tax software preferred.
- No international tax responsibilities or requirements for this role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 10% including air travel or auto travel.