This role will be responsible for directing and managing the accounting, reporting and planning activities of multiple business units within the Siding & Trim business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the accounting for the relevant manufacturing sites including the entirely of the P&L, Manufacturing Statement and all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the monthly forecasting, monthly and quarterly variance analysis of actuals to forecasts and budgets, and annual budget preparation.
- Ensure inventory costing is complete and accurate for all manufacturing sites
- Manage and train staff as appropriate for their position and training needs.
- Ensure satisfactory financial controls, reviews and corporate SOX compliance for all relevant sites.
- Responsible for tracking and leading the remediation of internal control deficiencies for all relevant sites.
- Manage and/or prepare journal entries, account reconciliation and schedules for quarterly review and year-end audit processes with the outside audit firm.
- Work closely with external and internal auditors on internal controls questions, issues and deficiencies.
- Manage and/or prepare reports to support external financial reporting and SEC filings.
- Work closely and partner with key members of the business team.
- Perform other accounting job responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Various special projects as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of an university degree in Finance or Business
- Minimum five years related experience in an Accounting role.
- Finance or Accounting degree required; CPA or MBA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis including key trends analysis and business case analysis
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Experience in a Sarbanes Oxley reporting environment
- Experienced with ERP systems, preferably JDE
- Success driven and self-motivated
- Superior problem solving skills and proven analytical ability
- Ability to make recommendations on key financial and operating decisions
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an open office concept. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators.