SUMMARY: Supervise the daily duties of the AP staff while maintaining processes and controls as required by company policies and procedures. Responsible for participating in various accounting projects as assigned, the administration of the workflow process and looking for process improvement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, train and supervise a staff of professionals and administrative staff ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Provide support in developing staff as needed. Provide training, performance feedback and guidance.
- Work with external auditors providing data and analysis as needed.
- Work with internal audit and internal controls providing data and analysis as needed to comply with SOX processes and controls as well as Westlake policies and procedures.
- Support company wide process improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Participate in daily and month end AP reporting and metrics analysis as required by management.
- Administer, monitor and maintain the accounts payable electronic workflow process including searching out continued process improvements and efficiencies.
- Adhere to company policies and work requirements. Perform the primary thinking encompassed by the overall Position Definition and any other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Hire, train and supervise AP staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Seven plus years of Accounting experience in all areas of accounting. Prefer Chemical, Petrochemical or related industry experience.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably SAP, is critical to the position.
- Must be proficient with spreadsheet programs, including Excel (required) and Access (preferred).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators.