Administrative Assistant II
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Performance and Essential Materials (PEM), Global Health, Safety and Environment, Capital Project, Manufacturing Excellence and Corporate Logistics leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate activities and schedules for the Senior Vice President, of Operations & the Director Logistics, and the Vice President - Health, Safety & Environmental
- Manages the daily calendar for assigned SVP including but not limited to scheduling domestic and international travel (obtaining approval for international travel as required), planning itineraries, and adjusting schedule and travel as necessary.
- Screen phone calls, inquiries/requests and handle when appropriate, which may include customers, sales, and other various business relationships.
- Coordinate and manage the booking of conference rooms, meals, and meeting arrangements. The role is expected to be present and oversee meeting and meal arrangements.
- Code and process invoices in SAP; generate, route, and track various time-sensitive reports and contracts.
- Assist with correspondence, meeting requests, copying, filing, preparing business documents, presentations, etc.
- Distribute mail, order office supplies, maintain equipment, etc., for business unit.
- Provide ad-hoc support on special projects and work as a contributing team member with other Assistants.
- Schedule travel, plan itineraries, and make reservations as needed for the department.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum high school diploma and minimum 5 years administrative support experience required.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook are required.
- Ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting an executive, managing a calendar, travel arrangements, and takes the initiative to ensure the executives day-to-day runs smoothly.
- Must have the ability to maintain solid interpersonal skills, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- SAP / SharePoint experience a plus.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands.
WHY JOIN US?
At Westlake, you will be a part of global diversified team working together to provide the world essential and more sustainable products that enhance people’s lives every day. There are learning and development opportunities to craft your career path. We offer benefits that enhance your life such as competitive compensation package, hybrid work schedule (three days in office and two days working from home), health insurance, bonus incentives, retirement plan, life benefits - and many more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.