As a Windows Administrator, provide all Westlake Corporate entities with Windows Administrative & support services, including hardware installation, software installation, and specifications for requisitioning computer hardware and software. Provide technical support to corporate server admin and to the IT Coordinators supporting the NAPCO and Royal plants. Assist with implementation of system infrastructure for the whole enterprise computer system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Solves a range of straight forward problems
- Skill with some specific work related areas
- Still acquiring higher level knowledge/skills
- Builds knowledge of organization, processes, and customers
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures & policies
- Resolves many issues when alerted by on-call emergency phone during assigned rotation period
Operating System Administration
- With oversight from senior team members, apply security patches and upgrades to all Windows OS and application software. Works within the schedule and notify end-users of planned downtime.
- Maintains standard Windows services like Print, file, DNS, DHCP.
- Periodically scan server logs for abnormal operations and security activities.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure consistent server management.
- Utilize departmental network share for all server software and upgrades.
- Verifies assigned daily backup jobs are completed as scheduled. Capable of resolving common issues related to failed backup jobs. Performs data restores.
- Able to allocate assign permissions to file server folders and groups when requested by trouble ticket.
- Install/Monitor anti-virus software is operating properly on all servers. Capable of resolving some issues.
- Able to solve many third level support issues like user problems with applications, e.g., slow processing, apparent malfunctions, explanation of vendor technical documents.
- Under direction of senior team members, install new operating systems for Windows servers; retrieves fixes from vendor’s electronic repository and applies these to installed operating system.
- Assist senior team members to replace software for major applications,
- At the direction of senior team members, assess latest server technology, backup devices, etc. and recommends choices as technology evolves.
- Assist senior team members evaluate packaged software based on user requirement and vendor specifications.
- Assist senior team members determine configuration requirements, e.g., Server, PC, Bandwidth, etc.
- At the direction of senior team members setup evaluation copy of software for testing by users and IT.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Ability to present ideas in non-technical user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into IT operational issues, standards and products as required.
- Experience with analytical and problem-solving
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to work weekend and evening hours for maintenance and emergency work
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows Enterprise Products including Exchange and Windows Enterprise, Web Services preferred. May be substituted with experience.
- Strong understanding of IT operations, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Windows servers.
- Hands-on performance tuning and troubleshooting experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 50% including air travel or auto travel.