Analyst II-User Support
The User Support Coordinator’s role is to support the operation of the organization’s computing infrastructure, acting as the second level I.T. support to I.T.’s customers, and to assist I.T.’s customers through the support process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to I.T.’s customers by assisting them during the support process.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop and notebook computers and peripherals.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system hardware, software, and networking issues related to desktop and notebook computers that are not resolved at the I.T. Help Desk or User Support Analyst levels.
- Maintain an electronic software license management system to minimize paper-based record keeping.
- Maintain electronic records of asset allocations from I.T. inventory.
- Make recommendations to his or her supervisor for improving customer service operations.
- Use the systems and devices provided, such as disk imaging and software deployment systems, in order to turn around service issues as efficiently as possible.
- Provide second-level support for all computing infrastructure issues, with a goal of meeting metrics aligned with I.T. Customer Services’ goals.
- Assume ownership of I.T.’s customers’ service requests assigned to him or her, and will assure that service requests are handed off to higher tiers of support, if needed, in an organized fashion.
- Provide high-quality and timely communications to I.T.’s customers during the service process, using frequent verbal and written communications. Actions taken on a service request will be logged into the I.T. work order.
- Maintain and project a professional attitude toward I.T.’s customers at all times and in all circumstances.
- Diligent and tenacious in assuring that all service requests are handled in a timely manner, to the satisfaction of I.T.’s customers.
- Provide alternatives when necessary in order to meet I.T.’s customer’s business requirements.
- Provide support to the I.T. Help Desk and other I.T. personnel as needed.
- Advise the User Support Supervisor on technical issues and make recommendations on technology within his or her area of expertise.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or other technical field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in on-site computer support.
- Familiar with broad range of computer operating problems and solutions.
- Strong background in computer repair and support.
- Excellent customer-service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Helpful and patient attitude.
- Energetic and positive attitude.
- Self-starter, yet willing and able to take and execute direction when needed.
- Seeks to expand knowledge and grow in position.
- Works well in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.