This position is accountable for project delivery for the project life cycle (design, build, test) of IS projects and application support. The project responsibilities include planning, direction, management, control and execution of the activities to ensure that projects are completed on time, within the approved budget, and within stated strategic business goals and objectives. This role has ultimate responsibility to monitor the details and status of projects, prepare standard ad hoc reports, identify and resolve project issues, and establish quality measures and standards that ensure milestones are met; projects are completed, and transitioned to maintenance and support teams. The application responsibilities include design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support. This role has ultimate responsibility to monitor the use and performance, prepare ad hoc reports, identify and resolve application issues, and establish quality measures and standards that ensure the application runs at peak performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and maintain communications with business sponsors and business owners to ensure user satisfaction is maintained. Plans, controls and manages the delivery of IS projects and applications to meet the agreed business needs, acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, and agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Manages project life cycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end.
- Forwards project documents to stakeholders to obtain sign-off, agreement on project costs, and needed resources; and works with Transition Managers to facilitate the introduction of new capability to the organization.
- Follows up with assigned resources formally (e.g., status meetings, etc.) and informally to continuously manage the productivity of the team, project timelines, and deliverables.
- Conducts "lessons learned" meetings with customers to validate commitments were met and identify gaps and shortfalls.
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations and communicates with management to ensure agreement on design and status of the project.
- Communicates potential conflicts and/or problems (e.g., missing milestone deadlines) to management to manage expectations and solicit assistance and assesses project team member contributions to provide input to management on performance.
- Manages requirements gathering through coordination and facilitation of work sessions with business partners and appropriate IT groups to ensure inclusion of all stakeholders.
- Oversees the development of requirements documentation (e.g., business requirements, functional specifications, etc.) to ensure requirements are properly defined and assists in the analysis of current processes to identify system and business impacts.
- Support and maintenance of applications.
- Evaluate, interpret, and understand Functional Specifications for highly complex custom development.
- Provide technical and functional consulting as needed.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent level of relevant IT experience.
- Ten or more years of IS experience.
- Five years of IS project management experience,
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) preferred.
- Expert troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Strong systems analysis and design skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple job assignments at once
- Ability to produce high quality work in a short period of time with little supervision
- Demonstrates initiative, taking prompt action to identify issues/opportunities and accomplish objectives, going beyond what is required and/or expected.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and ability to frame issues clearly for less technical colleagues and customers.
- Ability to attend training courses, learn and apply new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong command of MS Office tool set (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and MS Project
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.