The Principal Network Analyst (Network Operations) role is to provide reliable, secure, and capable data and voice services in support of business and manufacturing operations across the enterprise. The scope of the role includes hands-on network infrastructure administration, optimizing, troubleshooting and aligning closely with Manager - Network & Telecommunications in controlling the network and telecom service delivery costs.
The Principal Network Analyst - Operations will work closely with the Manager - Network & Telecommunications to identify and improve the reliability, security and effectiveness of IT network and voice services. This includes responsibility for managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of IT problem tickets, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of IT response functions. The Principal Network Analyst - Operations will contribute to problem resolution by giving direct, hands-on support to resolve IT operational issues, and mentor/train lower-level team members to ensure that the entire team can effectively respond to service issues.
The Analyst Principal will oversee the execution and deployment of change management methodologies for network and telecom systems. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of organizational directives and their business goals.
The Principal Network Analyst - Operations will oversee the execution and deployment of change management methodologies for network and telecom systems. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of organizational directives and their business goals.
The Principal Network Analyst - Operations will identify, evaluate, manage, and execute projects which will improve data and telecom systems in support of the business. This individual will plan, coordinate and implement projects following standard project planning methodologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assess and develop long-term operational goals and service levels for data and telecom infrastructure in association with the Manager - IT User Services and business direction.
- Ensure data and telecom services are secure, reliable and performing as needed. Monitor operation of critical services, with a target goal of 99%+ availability during business hours.
- Work with IT Infrastructure and Information Systems leadership to ensure data and telecom infrastructure is capable of delivering services levels required by IT and IS systems.
- Coordinate response to and resolution of IT incidents and performance issues.
- Maintain redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective protection and integrity of data and telecom infrastructure assets.
- Coordinate and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to the production environment.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform IT operational and security audits.
- Enforce established IT Security access controls.
- Supervise and/or provide guidance to lower-level members of the team.
- On assigned projects, monitor progress of deliverables, co-manage key project risks and issues, and monitor performance of implementation partners as appropriate
- Recommend technical improvements and solutions which would improve business efficiency, quality and/or process while maximizing functionality
- Review and QA functional designs and specifications for configurations, application security, reports, data conversions and interfaces
- Transfer data and telecom communications technical knowledge to other IT department members including documentation, development, and training delivery
- Test and assist in the development and execution of functional and acceptance test plans
- Resolve emergency issues after business hours, or secure appropriate resource to do so.
- Able to work weekend and evening hours for maintenance and emergency work.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Team Lead - Network Operations
- Reporting directly to Network Manager, the Operations Lead is responsible for supporting and maintaining a reliable network environment
- Lead escalation engineer in driving operational efficiencies and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Lead maintenance engineer- Peer review all RFC prior to submission
- Work directly with Network Manager in identifying resourcing needs as well as setting up goals and objects for network operations engineers; Conduct yearly performance reviews for the network operations team
- Hands-on performance tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Project management experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT operational issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven leadership skills in a dynamic and productive team environment
- Effective training skills for equipping lower-level technical staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of IT operations, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Cisco data and telecommunications networks.
- 10 years of networking experience
- 5 years of Cisco Unified Communications experience
- CCNA required, CCIE preferred
- Cisco ISR and Nexus support experience
- Cisco IWAN design, implementation, and support experience
- Cisco WAAS experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Any lifting in excess of 25 pounds requires assistance from another employee. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 25% including air travel or auto travel.