Analyst Sr. - Network & Telecommunications
The Senior Network Analyst provides reliable, secure, and capable data and wireless services in support of business and manufacturing operations across the enterprise. The scope of the role includes hands-on data and wireless infrastructure architecture design, implementation, optimizing, troubleshooting, and evaluating and deploying new technologies.
The Senior Network Analyst will work closely with the Manager - Network and Telecom Services to identify and improve the reliability, security and effectiveness of IT network and wireless services. This includes responsibility for managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of IT problem tickets, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of IT response functions. The Senior Analyst will contribute to problem resolution by giving direct, hands-on support to resolve IT operational issues, and mentor/train lower-level team members to ensure that the entire team can effectively respond to service issues. This person will also execute and administer IT operations policies, procedures, and best practices for data and wireless
The Senior Analyst will also be involved in execution and deployment of change management methodologies for network and wireless systems. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of organizational directives and their business goals. The Senior Analyst will help identify, evaluate, manage, and execute projects which will improve data and telecom systems in support of the business. This individual will plan, coordinate and implement projects following standard project planning methodologies.
Technology Environment Background
Our client operates a centrally-managed Cisco-based wide area network and telecommunications infrastructure supporting approximately 9000 employees at 62 locations.
The company operates multiple data centers across North America. Primary server operating systems are Microsoft Windows and Unix. Standard desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows.
Our client uses SAP to manage Financial, Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, and other ERP functions. A subsidiary, uses JD Edwards to manage ERP functions. Various other functions are hosted on cloud-based service providers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working directly with Principal Analyst/Network Manager to lead all aspects of the design, engineering, and implementation of global network infrastructure with a focus on stability, automation, and innovation.
- Design and implement LAN/WLAN/WAN environments traversing multiple platforms, supporting Enterprise Infrastructure teams on projects including engineering and implementing new and upgrading existing network hardware, code certification as well as keeping the network secure through tactical organizational change.
- Ensure data and telecom services are secure, reliable and performing as needed. Monitor operation of critical services, with a target goal of 99%+ availability during business hours.
- Work with IT Infrastructure and Information Systems leadership to ensure data and telecom infrastructure is capable of delivering services levels required by IT and IS systems.
- Oversee installation and configuration of relevant network and telecom components per design.
- Coordinate response to and resolution of IT incidents and performance issues.
- Maintain redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective protection and integrity of data and telecom infrastructure assets.
- Coordinate and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to the production environment.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on IT products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Perform IT operational and security audits.
- Enforce established IT Security access controls.
- Supervise and/or provide guidance to lower-level members of the team.
- Project Management Responsibilities (for IT Projects as assigned)
- Develop a project plan and statement of work for assigned projects over $5,000 and up to $1,000,000
- On assigned projects, monitor progress of deliverables, co-manage key project risks and issues, and monitor performance of implementation partners as appropriate
- Ensure assigned projects are completed on time and within the approved budget.
- Facilitate and lead technical design sessions to review and/or configure the data and telecom communications infrastructure
- Recommend technical improvements and solutions which would improve business efficiency, quality and/or process while maximizing functionality
- Review and QA functional designs and specifications for configurations, application security, reports, data conversions and interfaces
- Transfer data and telecom communications technical knowledge to other IT department members including documentation, development, and training delivery
- Test and assist in the development and execution of functional and acceptance test plans
- Able to work weekend and evening hours for maintenance and emergency issues and participate in on-call rotation for the network and telecom team.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 8 years equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of IT operations, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Cisco data and telecommunications networks.
- 8 years of networking experience; Network Automation experience highly desirable
- CCNP required
- Cisco ISR and Nexus support experience
- Cisco IWAN/DMVPN design, implementation, and support experience; Cisco WAAS experience a plus
- Support Routed/Routing Protocols: BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, VRF, VPNs
- Switching Technologies: PVST, RPVST, MST, VSS, VPC
- WLAN/LAN/WAN engineering and implementation; Expert knowledge configuring and supporting HPE/Aruba or Cisco/Meraki Wireless, Cisco routers and switches
- Adept with 802.11 wireless technologies in an enterprise implementation and support a secure enterprise-wide wireless infrastructure
- Experience with 802.1x configuration and troubleshooting
- High-level conceptual knowledge of latest SD-WAN products (Viptela, VeldoCloud, Versa, Silverpeak)
- Experience working with Extreme switches is a plus
- Experience working with PaloAlto firewalls is a plus
- Experience working with Barracuda firewalls is a plus
- Hands-on performance tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT operational issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven leadership skills in a dynamic and productive team environment
- Effective training skills for equipping lower-level technical staff.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.