The Sr. Payroll Analyst performs all functions and processes related to the U.S. and Canadian payrolls for Westlake Corporation ("the Company") under the supervision of the Payroll Supervisor. The Sr. Payroll Analyst works closely with the Benefits, IT, HRIS, Human Resources, Accounting and Legal departments at the corporate office level and also works closely with the field locations and employees at all levels throughout the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains employee data in payroll system.
- Initiates time import into payroll system from time management system(s).
- Balances hours according to earning codes.
- Prepares and completes payroll input to complete payroll on a timely basis for each pay cycle and special pay cycle request.
- Audits pre and post processing payroll reports for errors.
- Assists Principal Analysts when necessary with outstanding reconciling items related to payroll utilities such as tax, bank rec, GL and garnishments.
- Prepares on-demand manual checks and adjustment entries as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all US and Canada employment legislation and regulatory guidelines including, but not limited to Federal Income Tax (FIT), Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) and Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA), Employment Insurance (EI), Employer Health Tax (EHT), Canada Pension Plan (CPP), and other applicable pension and benefit payroll contributions.
- Maintains complete understanding of all applicable federal/provincial laws related to payroll, including but not limited to garnishments, benefits and taxes.
- Participates in annual and periodic audits as required
- Reconciling and troubleshoot PTO balances between time keeping systems and Workday
- Participates in annual processes such as W-2, T-4, RL-1, RSU, bonus processing etc.
- Participates in testing events when system changes are being implemented
- Assists with report development and execution as needed
- Develops and maintains administrative procedures relative to the functions of this position.
- Performs analytical thinking required by this job description.
- Promotes a positive Company image at every opportunity.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Performs any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree preferred and minimum of 7 years payroll experience in a large, computerized, multi-state/global payroll function.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. and Canadian payroll processes, calculations, and functions
- Global payroll processing (beyond US/Canada) experience is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Wage and Hour and FLSA regulations
- Thorough working knowledge of payroll and accounting processes and legislative regulatory frameworks, e.g. statutory holiday pay, payroll deductions, pensions, Revenue Canada, and Service Canada Record of Employment (ROE) submission
- Knowledge of Workday and KRONOS systems or similar a plus
- CPP designation a plus
- Payroll accounting experience is preferred and Human Resources experience is a plus.
- Interpersonal skills and team work orientation to handle any issues with discretion, confidentiality and professionalism
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Analytical ability with aptitude for detail and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory guidance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an open office concept. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators.