Starting pay rate $19.89/hour + $2.00/hour shift differential
*New employees are eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus*
Royal Building Products, a vinyl siding manufacturer in Columbus OH, has a full-time opening for a Blending Operator. This position is responsible for the operation of all equipment used in the blending of powder compounds including equipment set-up, accuracy of weights, temperatures and timing in accordance with established formulations and procedures. Responsible for all equipment related to the Blending operation, including blending and resin compound transfer systems.
The schedule for this position will be Wednesday-Friday and every other Saturday 7:00pm-7:00am.
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Work Life Balance: Work only 3-4 shifts per week!
- Paid vacation and paid holidays beginning day one of employment - Up to 160 hours*
- 5 Bonuses per year based on plant performance
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%, plus an annual 2% contribution
- Free Safety Shoes
- Free Prescription Safety Glasses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance beginning day one of employment
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Benefits
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Basic Life Insurance (2x your salary)
*Vacation hours are prorated based on start date.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete knowledge of all compounding equipment in order to make necessary adjustments, and be cognizant of problems or potential problems and assist in defining corrective actions
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of formulations as well as any details of the blending process and/or production volumes
- Maintain cleanliness of all equipment and storage containers to prevent contamination of compounds and ingredients
- Direct the flow of minor ingredients as well as finished compound to proper storage containers
- Provide concise and accurate blending batch reports to the Blending Coordinator
- Ensure that all tools associated with the blending operation are properly maintained and returned to proper storage location
- Follow written instructions and formulas for blending set-up and quantity produced
- Must have advanced techniques in order to add minor ingredients in their proper amount/ratio at proper times and temperature per the appropriate formulation sheet
- Assist Material Control in spot checks and inventories
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team
- Basic math skills and ability to use a calculator
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must lift, carry and/or move up to 50 lbs. frequently. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, mobility to cover 2 facilities (North & South Plant) is required.
This position works in a fast paced manufacturing facility. Noise level commensurate with large machinery. Ear and eye protection must be worn at all times and steel toed shoes and long pants are required. Temperatures, although maintained, can be effected by outside weather conditions.