Chemist Intern (Summer 2024)
SUMMER 2024 Chemist Internship
Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples' lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
The Internship is designed to provide the engineering student a real-life work experience and training the day-to-day activities of plant manufacturing. We take great pride in the development and offerings included in our internship program. Our Internships are a part of our Company College Recruiting strategy to attract and retain qualified, high performing talent for our early career opportunities within our plant locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on assigned projects with the close supervision of mentor/supervisor
- Observe activities of the assigned department/unit
- Assist mentor/supervisor in day-to-day tasks
- Actively participate in Complex safety/environmental programs
- Maintain intern work/activity journal
- Presentation to management team
- Must have completed second year of college
- Must be an active student
- Must be majoring in Chemistry
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- The successful candidate, who receives a job offer, must present proof that he or she is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment prior to their start date.
Applications are accepted through https://www.westlaketalent.com. All resumes must include available contact information: phone number, address, email address and one’s major, GPA, and projected graduation date.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.