The Claims Analyst is responsible for providing timely, accurate and cost-effective resolution of customer complaints.
- Comply with Company Safety Policies and Procedures
- Regular attendance, timeliness, and scheduling flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Demonstrate excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to work with multiple data systems.
- Perform investigations to validate the legitimacy of claims.
- Service inbound and initiate outbound customer service calls to ensure that customer complaints are handled in a timely, accurate and perceived as superior manner, by the Westlake customer base.
- Input customer Replacement Orders within company guidelines, completing all applicable direct and supporting data entry into SAP in compliance with Westlake procedures for order handling.
- Provide product availability to customers per department guidelines and negotiate labor and freight cost with customers.
- Work with applicable sales and technical reps to coordinate fact gathering on customer complaints.
- Utilize product and policy experience to authorize complaint resolutions within approved matrix.
- Perform all other duties as directed by the Claims Manager or Director of Customer Service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Computer skills: MS Office, SAP (preferred)
- Customer Service background
- Claim Investigation
- Able to Multitask
- Written and verbal communication
- Organization skills
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- One-year certificate from college or technical school
- 1 - 2 years claims handling or similar experience
- Investigative or negotiation experience
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Prolong standing or in stationary position
- Complete repetitive movements
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US markets. The base pay range for this position is $42,700 to $50,960 to. This range is based on relevant market data in our lowest and highest geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience and skillset. Westlake is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, sign on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package (also to include a full range of medical and other benefits).
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Retirement plan
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities or may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.