This role works in a facility that receives a large number of shipments and deliveries. This role may also be responsible for loading and unloading shipments, as well as verifying that shipment contents are correct and undamaged.
- Comply with Company Safety Policies and Procedures
- Labels production boxes as well as production RMLDs (unfinished product) according to SKU (texture & color) and provides visual check to ensure boxes appear to have the appropriate amount of product
- Completes written logs and sheets
- Responsible for printing all SKUs for stone boxes
- Reconciles production data and storage data as well as identifies associated discrepancies to SPS for resolution
- Responsible for strapping handy packs with approved strapping tool
- Scans product into SAP
- Communicates with various departments concerning multitude of potential issues
- Responsible for computer and printer general maintenance and care
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area to ensure facility meets department housekeeping standards
- Ensures product boxes are appropriately tied or strapped and lids are attached according to SOPs
- Responsible for strapping plastic net around finished pro-stone product boxes for product security
- Performs other related duties as assigned by department and plant management
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
· Must be able to work well in a team environment.
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
· Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions.
· Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to work well with people at all levels and motivate the warehouse associates.
· Must have strong leadership skills and ability to professionally lead associates by example.
· Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures.
· Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related matters.
· Must have the ability to multi-task.
· Ability to use hand tools.
· Ability to read tape measure accurately.
· Must be able to work independently and use good judgment.
· Ability to maintain attention to detail.
· Commitment to company values, ethics and great customer service.
· Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
· Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
· Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared.
· Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
· Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
· Computer and software experience.
· Previous experience in purchasing.
· Must have great organization, communications and time management skills.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
· Be exposed to temperature extremes inside or out.
· Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable.
· Prolong standing for up to 12 hours performing shift work or in a stationary position.
· Complete repetitive movements.
· Bend or twist.
· Wear all required personal protective equipment.
· Work in constant noise above 85 decibels.
· Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
· Lift/move up to 50 pounds.
· Remove or replace items up to 50 pounds.
· Ascend or descend stairs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.