Customer Service Representative-2
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. Westlake Pipe & Fittings supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building A Better Foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com
We build communities, let us build your career
Why choose Westlake?
- Benefits Day 1!
- Structured Retirement Savings Plan: The Company will match your contributions up to a certain percentage.
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Fitness Reimbursement Program: The Company will reimburse up to 50%.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Scholarship Program
- Training & Development - Access to multiple platforms of learning (online, in person, 3rd party training institutions)
- Community Relations - We support and encourage our employees to volunteer their time and efforts in worthwhile causes and donate funds to assist various charitable groups.
About the job:
Responsible for the processing and tracking of orders received via phone, fax, EDI or mail. Communicates required shipment and delivery schedules to our customers by serving as a liaison with internal departments. Handles all customer inquiries via phone, fax, email etc. regarding shipment tracing, shortages, overages, quality late shipments, etc. Processes all documentation required and maintains files in accordance with SOX compliance and departmental policies.
Some of the daily Responsibilities:
- Accurately manages the order inputting process into JDE as it relates to prices, terms of sale, product, quantity, ship to- sold to and customer’s special instructions, etc. Completes all necessary paperwork required per sales orders. Maintains system accuracy on all sales orders and back orders to reflect reality of ship dates and if changes occur enters appropriate reason code.
- Participates with Customer Service Team to maintain call service standards
- Ensures SOX compliance process processes are followed and necessary documents are verified and kept on file as needed. Maintains customer files including pricing data, payment and delivery terms, vendor control maintenance sheets, sample requests, etc.
- Works with internal supply chain departments to keep customers updated as to their order status if changes occur in a pro-active manner. Also ensures product knowledge stays up to date on current and future products.
- May coordinate truck delivers at certain locations with Traffic department.
- Coordinates returned goods from customer with Sales Representative / manager’s approval. Completes all product returns or invoice adjustments in a timely manner ensuring accurate reason codes are applied in JDE and appropriate forms and completed per department process.
- Maintains daily contact with Sales Representative regarding pricing inquires, discrepancies on customer’s purchase orders and updates on customer order status
- Participates in inventory counts as required.
- Maintains up to date price books and initiates all prices increases and ensures they are implemented in the invoicing system as assigned.
- Initiates outgoing calls to current and prospective customers to maximize weekly order file. Reports competitive activities to Sales team and processes requests for samples.
What you bring to the table:
- A passion for customer service.
- Three years customer service experience. Preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Post-secondary education in business management or equivalent field of study preferred.
- JDE or other mainline ERP such as SAP.