Earn up to $22.93/hour + Bonuses and more (Machine Operator) $1000 Sign-on Bonus
Set-up and operate extruders producing PVC moulding. Perform own tooling change outs and die cleaning as well as grading own rejects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Run extruders maintaining correct settings.
- Bundle and stack moulding as it is extruded.
- Monitor color, extrusion rate, profile configuration and piece/bundle count.
- Maintain supply of compound staged at machine.
- Maintain extrusion equipment in proper condition.
- Perform own tooling change outs and die cleaning and grade own rejects.
- Assist in moving units of extruded materials when necessary.
- Responsible for cleaning any burrs or fuzz off profiles and for keeping work area clean.
- Ensure profiles are all turned the same direction and bundled correctly.
- Maintain level of quality consistent with established standards.
- Comply with established safety rules.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, lead, supervisors, and managers.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of supervisor and/or lead.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percentages.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear and is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must push a 900 pound buggy approximately 200 feet six to eight times a day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts, and is occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.