We are seeking an Electrician to join our Maintenance team. This position is responsible for maintaining the equipment and facility in a safe and efficient manner.
All applicants must be able to work any shift in our 24/7 facility. We operate the plant under a 12-hour shift system (7:00 to 7:00) which has the benefit of only requiring seven work days in a 2-week pay period. This shift schedule offers the benefit of additional earnings compared to a standard forty-hour per week schedule
- Starting @ $45.00 per/hr
- Shift premiums
- Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, RRSP matching
- Unionized position
- Overtime available (paid at double time)
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, adjusts, installs, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks to mitigate equipment failures and take corrective actions as needed.
- Pre-flight production lines prior to start up as per schedule.
- Use of computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Operates machinery and tools including hand tools, power tools, scissor/boom lifts and lift trucks
- Confers with and coordinates activities with Production personnel and other departments to minimize disruptions to production and maintenance schedules.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have Red Seal Electrical ticket
- Reading, writing and math skills
- Computer experience (Email, Microsoft Word)
- Ability to read and interpret electrical & mechanical schematics, layout drawings and blueprints
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and adapt to frequent changes
- PLC experience is an asset
COMPETENCIES & ABILITIES
- Safety Centered
- Results Driven
- Productively Engaged
- Team Oriented
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Communicate in a professional manner
- Attention to detail and focus on the task at hand is extremely important.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Lift/carry up to 50lbs with or without assistance
- Navigate up and down stairs
- Flexing/extending/turning the neck
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a loud and sometimes dusty environment
- Frequently works near moving equipment
- Occasional working at heights
- Use of PPE’s including: Hardhat, hi-vis, ear protection, eye protection and steel toed boots