Starting pay $25.75/hr
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. Westlake Pipe & Fittings supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building A Better Foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com
SO WHY WESTLAKE PIPE & FITTINGS?
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS
- Benefits Effective Day 1
- Med, Den, Vision, 401k (4% match), Annual Retirement Contribution (2%), Life & AD&D
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Pay for Knowledge Program
- Opportunity for Advancement
Performs facility Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) work on all manufacturing equipment. Duties include installation, programming, troubleshooting, and repair of PLC's. Proactively maintains all plant electrical systems, all equipment electronics, motors, drives and other power transmission systems. This position also has the responsibility to perform any and all mechanical and electrical tasks as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description. Comply with all Company policies and procedures. Possess the skill and ability to the top Maintenance position in the plant and perform all mechanical and electrical duties required.
- Write advanced A/B PLC logic program.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC circuits.
- Design and assemble control circuits and cabinets with user interface.
- Analyze current machinery for PLC automation implementation.
- Troubleshoot/program/specify motor drives.
- Maintain/service plant switchgear.
- Maintains a running log on barrel and screw inventory, changes, history and throughput.
- Perform all manufacturing plant electrical and electronic diagnostics repair and installation, consistent with plant electricians.
- Ability to determine when scope of job is beyond existing skill set or requires additional support.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent training (i.e. Fundamentals of PLC's, Programming Controllers, Troubleshooting and Repair of PLC's) with three (3) plus years of practical electronics experience.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US markets. The base pay range for this position is &25.75/hr to $31.93/hr. This range is based on relevant market data in our lowest and highest geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience and skillset. Westlake is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, sign on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package (also to include a full range of medical and other benefits).