Engineer I - DCS
Westlake makes chemical and plastic products, which in turn make life better for people every day. We are a quality manufacturer and dependable global supplier of petrochemicals, plastics and building products. Our mission is to serve our clients by enhancing daily life through the products and services we provide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Entry level maintenance of Westlake process control systems and process communications to business network
- Modify and implement new process control schemes for DCS/SIS plant systems
- Work with operations groups on process problems and ways to automate chemical operations
- Tests troubleshoot, and provide to technical problems
- Participate in following project tasks such as System Design, Programming, FAT, SAT/Commissioning, Graphics Design, Alarm Management
- Follow corporate and local safety and environmental regulation
- This position will be required to drive company vehicles from time to time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering
- Demonstrated interest and ability in computer programming or other similar technical systems
- Ability to solve problems logically and efficiently
- Available to work after-hour, weekend and holidays
- Chemical industry experience preferred
- Experience in Honeywell, DeltaV, and/or ABB PLC systems preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee may be required to use stairs/elevators and have the ability to work at elevated heights. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is sometimes moderate when working inside, however, some of the work may be required in the operating units which mandates usage of required PPE and safety equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs. Travel may occasionally be required.