Engineer I-Plant Process, Building Products
Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and workflow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations. Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. Based on these studies, develops and implements plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
Position Responsibilities - Placing the upmost importance on working safely and maintaining a safe & orderly work environment for self and others at all times:
- Sustain quality requirements and standards for manufacturing products within Westlake Roofing.
- Serve as the primary Quality Assurance and manufacturing engineering resource to operations for problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement.
- Lead and support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects.
- Lead product and process improvement projects.
- Design, implement, and support current methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Ensure that all product and process specifications are adhered to.
- Execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plants, documents, and reports.
- Assist in process certification.
- Provides support for National Lab, analysis and reporting on quality, product and process issues.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
- All other duties as requested or assigned.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Engineering bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
Desired teaming skills and background in fast-paced manufacturing environment, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Visual Basic and Database queries
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation
- Excellent communication skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, equipment manuals, and company manuals and procedures.
- Ability to read, speak, write English (bilingual Spanish helpful)
- Ability to observe, identify, deduce, and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Quick learner and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Math skills and strong computer skills
1-5 years in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Skill Requirements for Manufacturing Environment
- Must place the upmost importance on working safely and maintain a safe work environment for self and others, at all times.
- Tactful, Diplomatic, Empathic, knows how to bridge gaps of understanding, and is sensitive to others.
- Willingness to help and train others as required.
- Self-starter and willing to follow up until projects are complete.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Communication is key. Must be tactful with customers, managers, and other levels of the operation.
- Work well under time constraints and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle confidential information.
- Must be capable of communicating and working well with operations to troubleshoot and create solutions for all manufacturing issues.
PHYSICAL HAZARDS -- Health and Safety Concerns
- General Office
- Building Job Sites
Safety equipment (PPE & LOTO), shop tools, computer, printer
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable. Withstand exposure to temperature extremes inside or out. Prolong standing or in stationary position. Complete repetitive movements Bend and/or twist Lift/move/transport items up to 50 pounds Ability to move or traverse about the facilities. Ability to work arounddust, chemicals, and other substances, and in various environmental conditions. Wear all required personal protective equipment (hearing, vision and hardhat protection)
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities or may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the heal1h or safety of themselves or others. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will "relationship.
REMARKS: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.