Are you a skilled Production Engineer with a passion for optimizing processes and driving operational excellence? We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Production Engineer to be a key player in our Performance & Essential Materials team, supporting our Chlor-Alkali units. This role will assist the Unit Manager and Operations team with the analyses and trouble-shooting of process operations and collection of technical information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Technical operational advisor to Production Supervision and Process Operations. Monitors and does analyses of utility and raw material consumption for cost estimation and reduction project.
- Support to maintain and ensure continuous operation. Includes assistance as needed during unit operational upsets or unit turnarounds.
- Participate in commissioning of new process equipment installations.
- Coordinate and assist in implementation of minor plant system changes. Including small equipment additions, modifications and/or deletions and minor process design.
- Coordinates and follows up the improvement project of production efficiency.
- Maintain data on plant operation and key performance indicators.
- Provide operational and technical support to project coordinator(s) for large, extensive plant system changes. Includes operational review, assistance with cost/benefit analysis, and participating in Hazard Reviews.
- Assist in writing and reviewing Unit Operating Procedures in assigned areas of the Plant.
- Support Process Engineering with plant material balances, yields, closures, project design scope, etc. as deemed necessary to maintain operations. Completes process engineering study and design for new projects and coordinate with Engineering Department to complete projects.
- Assist Unit Manager with annual expense budget preparation.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Performs special projects and studies as assigned. Carry out cost/benefit analysis for special projects.
- Perform internal technical training sessions for operating personnel.
- Share weekend call duty with other unit staff personnel.
- Fill in for Lead Process Engineer and Unit Manager as needed and assigned.
- Coordinate and/or conduct plant audit monthly reports in areas that affect your site.
- Perform duties in a manner that protects personal safety as well as the safety of all personnel on site. Whenever appropriate; promptly report Safety, Health or Environmental incidents or issues to management so the situation can be corrected. Attend Monthly Safety meetings to help prevent off-site and job accidents.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully support Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- This position may be required to drive company vehicles from time to time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
B.S. Degree in Engineering, preferable in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum five years engineering design experience and/or chemical plant process or production experience.
- Chlor-Alkali production experience preferred.
WHY JOIN US?
At Westlake, you will be a part of global diversified team working together to provide the world essential and more sustainable products that enhance people’s lives every day. There are learning and development opportunities to craft your career path. We offer benefits that enhance your life such as competitive compensation package, health insurance, bonus incentives, retirement plan, life benefits - and many more.
Flexible schedule: Option to work a 9/80 compressed work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee may be required to use stairs/elevators and have the ability to occasionally work at elevated heights. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, this position must take general decisions requiring judgement and perform activities requiring sustained concentration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, FRC (flame retardant clothing) etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.