Engineer Sr. - Rotating Equipment
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer to join our team. The Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability and performance of our rotating equipment assets. This position requires a deep understanding of rotating equipment design, operation, and maintenance, along with the ability to lead projects and provide technical expertise to our team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide expert technical knowledge and guidance on the design, operation, and maintenance of rotating equipment.
* Perform engineering analyses and calculations to evaluate equipment performance and reliability.
* Troubleshoot complex rotating equipment issues and provide innovative solutions.
* Develop and implement maintenance strategies to ensure the reliability and availability of rotating equipment.
* Collaborate with maintenance teams to develop preventive and predictive maintenance plans.
* Collaborate with site turnaround leadership teams to provide technical oversight in the development of the planning and execution of rotating equipment repairs, overhauls, and upgrades.
* Lead root cause analysis (RCA) investigations and implement corrective actions.
* Lead and participate in capital projects involving rotating equipment, from design through commissioning.
* Manage project budgets, timelines, and resources effectively.
* Coordinate with external contractors and vendors for rotating equipment procurement, inspection, and maintenance activities.
* Develop and maintain an inventory of rotating equipment, including condition assessments and lifecycle management plans.
* Optimize equipment performance and lifecycle costs through strategic asset management.
* Ensure that all activities related to rotating equipment comply with safety standards and regulations.
* Promote a strong safety culture and contribute to safety initiatives.
* Mentor and provide guidance to less experienced engineers and technicians.
* Develop and deliver training programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of the team.
* Maintain accurate records, reports, and documentation related to rotating equipment.
* Prepare technical reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
1. Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
2. Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
3. Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active
participation on project teams.
4. Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
5. Perform duties in a manner that protects personal safety as well as the safety of others. Promptly report Safety, Health or Environmental issues or incidents to management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Successful candidates must satisfy background screening, including motor vehicle record screening, drug testing & pre-employment physical requirements before starting work.
* A current, valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card is required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering preferred.
* Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience in the design, operation, and/or maintenance of rotating equipment.
* Reliability and/or Maintenance Engineering experience in the chemical manufacturing industry; preferably petrochemical, LNG, or petroleum refinery.
* Proven project management experience, including budget and schedule management.
* In-depth knowledge of industry standards and best practices for rotating equipment.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Proficiency in using Microsoft Applications, SAP, AMS Machinery Manager, Bently Nevada System 1, PROGNOST, are preferred.
* Exhibit individual initiative and constantly seek continuous improvement.
* Effective Leadership skills including effective conflict resolution and driving change.
This job is performed mainly in a control room or office setting. Physical presence and predictable attendance required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This job requires response to audible emergency alarms inside of the plant. Employee must be able to evacuate when required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.