Manage financial reporting functions for the Global Compounds and Dimex divisions. Position has contact with all levels of management as well as independent auditors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the month end closing consolidation responsibilities for the Mexico, European and Asian Compounds entities. This includes executing the complete consolidation process in BPC, and performing validations such as eliminations, foreign currency translations and reconciliations such as intercompany balancing and CTA reasonableness reviews.
- Manage all Financial Reporting, Planning & Budgeting functions for the Global Compounds & Dimex Division.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly internal management reporting package and other analyses as needed.
- Prepare and/or review monthly internal sales reporting analysis, charts and trends. Distribute to Sales Team & Senior Management.
- Update, review, approve and submit Global Compounds & Dimex monthly forecasts.
- Manage the annual budget process for Global Compounds and Dimex in coordination with Corporate FP&A group.
- Work closely with external auditors and provide data and analyses as needed.
- Oversee the assembly of quarterly and annual reporting requests for both external and internal auditors as needed.
- Prepare and submit supporting SEC data and other regulatory reporting and filing data as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate controls in the reporting and accounting areas. Enforce SOX process control compliance by staff.
- Responsible for keeping current with technical accounting pronouncements and trends, analyzing their impact on the Company, and application of new accounting pronouncements in accordance with Westlake policy.
- Monitor and identify major performance areas for enhancement / process improvement.
- Influence, impact and collaboration with Global Compounds & Dimex management to drive process improvements.
- Work closely with peers within other Housing & Infrastructure Products divisions to facilitate best practices, knowledge sharing and process improvements.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Train and develop staff in their areas, as needed. Establish goals & objectives, provide performance feedback and coaching.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Supervise one Principal Analyst in the described areas.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors in Accounting with at least ten plus years of progressive accounting experience in both public accounting and the private sector is required, preferably with a manufacturing background.
- Finance degree or MBA a plus.
- Previous experience with consolidation, intercompany reconciliations, eliminations and foreign currency translations, CTA reconciliations, financial reporting & analysis, budgeting and general accounting is required.
- Previous experience with financial reporting & analysis, budgeting and general accounting is required.
- International work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably SAP, is critical to the position.
- Must be proficient with spreadsheet programs, including Excel.
- Previous supervisory experience is also required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. This position may occasionally be asked to visit the manufacturing operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 10% including air travel or auto travel.