This position includes: Glass Dropper, Glass Handler, Clean/Processor, and Welder.
- Comply with Westlake’s Safety Policies
- Regular attendance, timeliness, and scheduling flexibility
- Perform other duties and responsibilities requested by the supervisor
- Glass Dropper is responsible for installing the glass to the window frame. This role does have lifting and works under a fast-paced environment. The Glass Dropper conducts accurate field measuring according to specified dimensions and patterns
- Glass Handler is part of the glass department, responsible for production schedules, loading, and unloading glass. This role oversees sorting glass according to the paperwork specifications. The glass handler checks glass quality and can identify basic glass defects. This position stages pieces of product onto racks to continue with the next part of the process.
- Clean Processor is responsible primarily for cleaning frames by using hand tools. This role will perform all the routine work of cleaning and scrapping the frame with the proper equipment.
- Welder is responsible for laying out, aligning and welding mainly vinyl and aluminum frames by using welding equipment or hand tools. This role is in charge of laying out frames as well as assemble according to the requirements of the assignment. The Welder applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, and fabricate frame parts of metal or vinyl according to layouts and work orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and use good judgment
- This opportunity requires the employee to be able to be walking and moving for long periods of time in an environment with high noise level
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED
- Spanish is a Plus
- Prior experience is a plus
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Be exposed to temperature extremes inside or out.
- Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable.
- Prolong standing for up to 12 hours performing shift work or in a stationary position.
- Complete repetitive movements.
- Bend or twist.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Work in constant noise above 85 decibels.
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Remove or replace items up to 50 pounds.
- Ascend or descend stairs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.