Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for supporting leaders and employees with a wide range of HR initiatives, operational processes and procedures, tactical issues and employee relations efforts. The HRBP builds positive working relationships and acts as a contact for leaders and employees within the assigned client group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Develop and maintains knowledge of company systems (Workday, SAP, JDE).
- Recruits, interviews, tests and selects salaried and hourly employees for client group. Conducts new employee orientation to foster positive impression of business unit.
- Administers salary and hourly compensations programs to ensure compliance and equity within the client group.
- Administers vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and other employee related reports requested by management.
- Prepares new hire and termination documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine termination reason.
- Represents organization and employee related hearings and investigations.
- Manages company sponsored events and programs such as community outreach and service award banquets.
- Coordinates client group training with client group and human resources management.
- Any additional duties and tasks as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. SHRM or HRCI certified professional preferred.
- 3-7 years progressive HR experience. 2+ years’ experience in a generalist/functional role with exposure to compensation, performance management, training, labor relation. Manufacturing experience preferred.
Required Behavioral Skills:
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit Westlake Behaviors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and coordinate with colleagues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, high level of attention to detail and adaptability to changing business requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel can be up to as much as 10% including air travel or auto travel.