Westlake Housing & Infrastructure Products has openings for Inspector Packers in our Molding Department.
We are now hiring experienced Inspector Packers for day and night shift starting at $18.04/hr.
Night Shift- 7:00 PM-7:00 AM (plus a $2.00 Shift Differential)
Day Shift 7:00 AM-7:00 PM
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Paid vacation and paid holidays beginning day one of employment
- 5 Bonuses per year based on plant performance
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%, plus an annual 2% contribution
- Safety Shoes allowance
- Prescription Safety Glasses allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance beginning day one of employment
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Benefits
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Basic Life Insurance (2x your salary)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
This position is primarily responsible for observing continuous operation of automatic machines to ensure that products meet specifications by performing the following duties.
- Inspect product while following all written quality, stacking, and safety procedures
- Work with production group to meet production demands
- Visually inspect products for defects in order to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Trim excess material from parts, using knives, and grinds scrap plastic for reuse
- Ensure quality parts are produced and delivered on time that meet customer specifications
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiency
- Conduct tests and inspections of products, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Ability to control operations of equipment or systems
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, ability to take time to understand the points being made
- Determine causes of operating errors and resolution
- Ability to time movement or the movements of a piece of equipment in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object or scene
- Ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Working knowledge of measurement equipment.
- Needs knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If you are an active Westlake employee (or an employee of any Westlake affiliates), please do not apply here. You will apply via the Jobs Hub application in Workday.