Lead Operator Injection Molding Night Shift -$23.85 hourly
About Westlake Pipe & Fittings
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. The company supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building A Better Foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
SO WHY WESTLAKE PIPE & FITTINGS?
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS
- Benefits Effective Day 1
- Med, Den, Vision, 401k (4% match), Annual Retirement Contribution (2%), Life & AD&D
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Opportunity for Advancement
Summary: The Injection Molding Cell Leader is responsible for supporting and coordinating day to day management of operators and relief operators, ensuring safe work practices, ensuring quality product, and controlling inventory within assigned area. This includes driving the output and activities of the assigned cells and work areas as well as other priorities as set forth by the Injection Molding Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to and will receive direction from the Injection Molding Assistant Supervisor.
The primary responsibility of an Injection Molding Cell Leader is to safely and efficiently perform top-quality operational duties on a daily basis which include (but are not limited to) the following:
· Ensures Molder Operator assignments are filled at the start of the shift.
· Assigns Molder Operator task based off of daily workload.
· Carton Palletizing
· Cleaning Assignments
· Breaking co-workers
· Replenishing needed materials such as boxes.
· Pulls work orders and tracks completions
· Ensures work instructions, quality documentation, tools, and materials necessary to perform operator duties are provided and used accurately.
· Ensures job labels are available at beginning of shift or start of job. (Capable of printing job labels)
· Responsible for all Microsoft AX transfers ensuring inventory accuracy
· Maintains a safe, clean work area and follows all established safety guidelines and 5S
· 5S Leader for Cell
· Responsible for enforcement or adherence (Follows escalation process for non-compliance)
· Performs routine audits
· Maintains quality in cell by establishing and enforcing organization standards (Follows escalation process)
· Ensures line clearance completion and accuracy
· Ensures 15 Minute Checks are complete and accurate by Operators
· Performs 1 hour check for appearance, gauging, and correct label/quantity
· Communicates and escalates all non-conformities
· Ensures hold parts are delivered to the Quality Hold Area
· Ensures cartons of product are placed on correct pallet
· Supports implementation of Continuous Improvement Projects
· Timely completion of shift reports and other documentation as required.
· Supports Root Cause Analysis of safety incidents, quality incidents, and production inefficiencies.
· Communicates effectively with off-going and on-coming shifts to understand status of each job order.
· Drives daily communication between off-going and on-coming shift Molder Operators to ensure 5s checklist is complete and accurate, job status, quality issues, and on-going concerns.
· Supports a culture of excellence (visible leadership)
· Drives achievement of Daily Performance Goals
· Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel as needed
· Supports compliance with established policies and procedures
· Supports training initiatives and tracks progress
· Provides feedback to personnel on any gaps or deficiencies
· Re-assignment of Molder Operator job duties when machines are down or changing over
· Escalates non-conformity’s, failures, non-compliance, behavioral problems or poor workmanship to Assistant Supervisor
· Supports supervision by providing coaching, feedback, and training.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of Molder Operator functions, expectations, practices and policies.
· Must be able to remain professional and confidential
· Must possess effective communication skills with the ability to remain calm and focused under stressful situations
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently
· Ability to make good decisions based on information at hand
· Must possess good documentation practices as outlined by LASCO quality department
· Results driven with ability to manage change while creating a positive environment
· Intermediate PC Skills (ERP system (AX Preferred), Word, Excel, Share Point, Outlook)
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend English to follow work instructions.
Mathematical Skills: Basic mathematical skills and counting ability required.