Lead Reliability Engineer
The Lead Reliability Engineer will supervise and coordinate the activities of and provide direction and guidance to the engineers in assigned area. Provide technical assistance to the maintenance supervision in the repair and improvement of all process equipment throughout the plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of and provide direction and guidance to the engineers in assigned area.
- Provide mentorship and assist with development of engineers in assigned area
- Coach employees to optimize group performance
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance supervision in the repair and improvement of all process equipment.
- Develop and improve maintenance procedures for repair of equipment.
- Perform equipment failure analysis to prevent reoccurrence.
- Follow equipment repair in shops to ensure timely and proper repair.
- Work with other engineers to develop maintenance procedures for equipment repair.
- Actively participate in process improvement programs such as Six Sigma, etc.
- Demonstrates strong safety culture through personal behavior and commitment to environmental, health & safety.
- Participates in the PACE culture of safety.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in maintenance/reliability work in the petrochemical industry. PE, CMRP, API 510, API 570, API 653 certifications a plus, but not required; ability to use failure analysis technique (i.e. root cause analysis) to determine and correct equipment problems; significant experience with stationary equipment is required; knowledge of NDE, shop processes, ASME code (Sec. VIII), corrosion and metallurgy; should also be familiar with OSHA’s process safety management standard regarding mechanical integrity.
- Proven supervisory skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), and problem-solving ability.
- Proficient computer skills, with good working knowledge of all standard company applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.). Should also have a working knowledge of a CMMS database program.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of local management and to other departments to explain problems and proposed solutions
- Ability to impact and influence, and to persuade others to a particular course of action
WHY JOIN US?
At Westlake, you will be a part of global diversified team working together to provide the world essential and more sustainable products that enhance people’s lives every day. There are learning and development opportunities to craft your career path. We offer benefits that enhance your life such as competitive compensation package, health insurance, bonus incentives, retirement plan, life benefits - and many more.
Flexible schedule: Option to work a 9/80 compressed work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off.
Travel: Up to 10%
Relocation: Yes (domestic only)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, this position must make general decisions requiring judgement and perform activities requiring sustained concentration.
The noise level in the work environment is sometimes moderate when working in an office, however, some of the work may be required in the operating units which mandates usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.