The Maintenance Engineer is assigned to the Deer Park maintenance department, but the role will interact regularly with Global Maintenance and Reliability functions, as well as other departments on the site, e.g. capital projects engineering, safety, and operations. This person will interact regularly with maintenance staff and crafts, and must be able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization. There must be a good understanding of and experience with engineering standards and industry practices related to the petrochemical industry and the complexities of maintaining a specialty chemical facility. Maintaining a safe working environment and equipment which is compliant with all regulatory requirements is a primary duty of all personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, equipment repair, and quality control practices for fixed and rotating equipment, with special emphasis on rotating equipment
- Obtain a working knowledge of petrochemical industry engineering standards and practices for fixed and rotating equipment
- Owner of site maintenance practices and procedures for mechanical preventive and predictive tasks, corrective repairs, and quality control practices. This includes alignment with engineering and regulatory standards, craft skills necessary for successful job execution (both in-house or contractor), and job acceptance
- Advise on complex repair plans
- Lead in trouble-shooting, root cause failure mode determination, and corrective action planning for poor performing equipment (e.g. bad actors) with special focus on rotating equipment skill
- Support and advise site project engineer on new capital project designs and MOC related changes to existing systems
- Asset replacement planning, and facility improvement planning
- Participate in maintainability and operability reviews of new system designs
- Support and advise warehouse and procurement on correct stock for critical equipment and related specifications for purchasing
- Track Key Process Indicators for overall maintenance program performance
- Contractor performance and quality management
Additional desired competencies:
- Experience with small capital maintenance project planning and execution for equipment end-of-life replacement and upgrades
- Experience with SAP Plant Maintenance module transactions and reports for data mining
- Understanding of vibration frequency data interpretation
- Six sigma methodology, green belt certification
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in chemical plant maintenance; this could include skilled trades experience
- Able to communicate effectively with crafts, staff, and site leadership.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix team environment
- A current, valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card is required.
WHY JOIN US?
At Westlake, you will be a part of global diversified team working together to provide the world essential and more sustainable products that enhance people’s lives every day. There are learning and development opportunities to craft your career path. We offer benefits that enhance your life such as competitive compensation package, health insurance, bonus incentives, retirement plan, life benefits - and many more.
Flexible schedule: Option to work a 9/80 compressed work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off.