Maintenance Lead Hand- Days
We build communities, let us build your career
Why choose Westlake Pipe & Fittings?
- Benefits Day after probation!
- Structured Retirement Savings Plan: The Company will match your contributions up to a certain percentage.
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Fitness Reimbursement Program: The Company will reimburse up to 50%.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Scholarship Program
- Training & Development - Access to multiple platforms of learning (online, in person, 3rd party training institutions)
- Community Relations - We support and encourage our employees to volunteer their time and efforts in worthwhile causes and donate funds to assist various charitable groups.
- Train and assist new millwrights, electricians, and apprentices on the safety and maintenance activities
- Able to create connection, quality communication, trust, and respect among the group, production groups, management team, and contractors
- Foster a more productive and positive working environment through team building
- Lead activities for maintenance and production work, including but not limited to: safety, quality, cost reduction, and efficiency
- Practice proper lockout procedures and monitor/enforce same in assigned maintenance personnel
- Participate in safety and equipment audits and inspections
- Assist maintenance management team on parts and services procurement
- Responsible for allocating and monitoring satisfactory completion of day-to-day activities of the maintenance team
- Review activities of maintenance team through their shift reports
- Suggest improvements to improve performance and throughput of equipment
- Maintain and/or repair all equipment, machinery and facilities
- Enter and maintain information in CMMS and track PMs activities
- Maintain parts inventory to support maintenance activities
- Assist with the installation of new equipment
- Service and routinely check equipment as per maintenance schedules
- Assess mechanical, electronic and/or electrical issues
- Operate forklift and possess valid certificate
- Operate scissor lift, man Lift and possess valid certificate
- Coordinate with shipping/receiving department delivery/receiving of equipment, supplies, machinery, and place in proper storage locations
- Lead housekeeping, recycling, and waste management disposal activities as required
- Initiate maintenance activities and assign priorities base on production requirements
- Record maintenance activities
- On call for any plant emergency repairs during off hours
- Monitor external contractors for activities beyond expertise or excess workload
- Take an active role in providing and/or arranging training for maintenance staff
- Assist the maintenance supervisor on monitoring and enforcement of:
- Company policies and procedures
- Employee relations
- Occupational health and safety
- Quality assurance
- Production policies and/or procedures implemented by the company
- Support efforts to maintain and improve quality
- Lead by example in maintaining regular attendance in accordance with company policy
- Perform other duties as assigned by the maintenance supervisor
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 442A Electrician and 433A Industrial Millwright certificate required
- PLC training and experience
- Exhibits leadership qualities and skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical schematics
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Able to work rotating shifts
- Willing and able to work weekends when required by production schedules
- Able to work productively with minimum supervision.
- Advanced Mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Ability to trouble-shoot, analyze, and solve problems.