The position will be responsible for planning of maintenance activities and oversight of maintenance department employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools immediately to Production Manager and/or Plant Manager, as required.
- Comply with Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Schedule, supervise, lead/motivate maintenance activities and employees. Develop and communicate maintenance department performance indicators such that department personnel are aware of their performance
- Ensure key process equipment is maintained in good condition to minimize downtime
- Investigate and solve production problems that appear to involve inadequacies of equipment and/or operating techniques. In addition, review manufacturing processes and recommend process improvements driving operational efficiencies.
- Manage inventories of parts and equipment efficiently in accordance with risk and costs associated with unexpected downtime.
- Liaise closely with the Plant Manager to establish the condition in which equipment must be maintained in order to avoid costly damage and operational losses and to maintain equipment in such a condition that Production personnel will have equipment which is adequate to achieve divisional production objectives
- Ensure that an overall preventative maintenance system is continuously improved in order to meet requirements of the system and ensure that maintenance is completed in accordance with approved schedules and budgets while maintaining associated records.
- Recommend modifications to, or replacement of, process equipment in order to provide increased running time through reduced maintenance downtime and/or costs.
- In consultation with the Production Manager, assist the Plant Manager in preparation of the annual Maintenance budget and ensure that plant maintenance is administered at or below budget.
- Arrange for emergency outside repairs and related services, with prior approval, and be responsible for inspection and approval of the resulting work or services.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Dual ticketed Electrician/ Millwright.
- Must demonstrate competence in all Maintenance Technician requirements.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Qualified and/or certified welder or equivalent
- Ability to trouble shoot, analyze and develop corrective measures for problems.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to lift 50lbs/22.7kgs.
- Work well independently and provide leadership and motivation to the team to ensure they are working productively.