The maintenance role is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and modifying all equipment including current production equipment and future program equipment.
- Troubleshoot plastic injection molding equipment (Engel & NPM)
- Troubleshoot support equipment including, but not limited to, material feed systems, water cooling and delivery systems, conveyors, stretch wrapping and shrink wrapping equipment, and other support equipment.
- Electrical, hydraulic and mechanical repairs to equipment.
- Maintenance of equipment inventory and repair records.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment.
- Assist with or perform repairs to the facility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Employee Conduct and Work Rules
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of a high school diploma or an equivalent.
- Must have 3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in plastic injection molding.
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read assembly and part drawings, and electrical and hydraulic controls schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Ability to operate various powered lifts.
- Knowledge of MIOSHA standards applicable to a manufacturing operation.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail. Problem analysis and problem resolution ability. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to record, document and write routine reports and correspondence relating to mold trials.
Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability collect and analyze data, and prepare concise reports summarizing the findings of work. Must have the ability to prepare and deliver oral and visual presentations. Ability to effectively communicate to employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear and is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must rarely lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision (must be able to see and distinguish colors), peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.