Manager - Regional Human Resources Business Partner
The Manager - Regional Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for providing operational and tactical human resources support to regional locations. The Manager will provide direction to a human resources and administrative staff and ensures that all HR actions and activities support the business goals and objectives. This role will provide support and participate in corporate Human Resources activities/initiatives as requested. Directs application of all HR policies for assigned client group personally or through subordinate representatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage employee relations activities to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees through adherence to programs and policies. Coaches human resources and administrative staff on proper employee relations practices. Maintains positive employee relations through employee activities, employee recognition programs and other communication forums.
- At certain locations, manages the satisfactory labor-management relations, interprets the collective bargaining agreements and assists all levels of management on labor matters. Coaches human resources and administrative staff on proper handling of collective bargaining and contract administration matters.
- Coach and counsel local management in leveraging employee performance by directing the application and maintenance of the company’s performance management system.
- Manages a competitive hourly pay system by conducting area wage surveys, analyzing turnover data, and developing wage strategies to address attraction and retention issues. Supports corporate efforts to develop/maintain competitive salaried employee structures.
- Coordinates with COEs to ensure effective, coordinated delivery of HR services in the areas of Total Rewards, Talent Management and HR Operations.
- Track and analyze regional HR metrics; develop and execute action plans to address areas of concern.
- Conducts audits of HR practices at all locations and works with local representatives to develop and execute action plans.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- SHRM or HRCI certified professional preferred.
- Minimum ten years progressive HR experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in a generalist/functional role with exposure to compensation, performance management, training, labor relation.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Required Behavioral Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit Westlake Behaviors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and coordinate with colleagues in multiple locations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, high level of attention to detail and adaptability to changing business requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.