Manager - Lease Accounting
Responsibility for the accounting of the Company’s global lease portfolio, including the day-to-day lease accounting and technical accounting research. Position also has contact with independent auditors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage Lease Accounting functions, including verifying that assumptions are reviewed, options are planned, and renewals are evaluated.
- Research accounting implication of lease transactions and document accounting conclusion with adequate level of rationale and details for review.
- Coordinate and work closely with stakeholders and be able to provide accounting guidance on lease accounting and reporting issues.
- Direct the maintenance of the accounting records, accounting systems and processes and ensure accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end and year end reporting.
- Lead the reconciliation process of lease-related GL accounts.
- Direct preparations of lease-related reporting deliverables including quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes disclosures.
- Direct preparation of monthly internal financial reports for management review, compiling and analyzing information to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting records as well as related analyses.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as assigned.
- Liaison with external audit firm and internal audit on quarterly reviews and year-end audit, including internal controls over financial reporting.
- Train and develop staff in their areas, as needed. Provide performance feedback and coaching.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate internal controls in the Lease Accounting functions. Enforce control compliance by staff.
- Fully support Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities.
- Supervise subordinates in the described areas. Subordinates may be supervising multiple employees.
- Any additional responsibilities or special projects as assigned, including M&A activities as they relate to the Corporate Accounting function.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- CPA and/or MBA with ten plus years of progressive accounting experience in both public accounting and the private sector is required.
- Experience and technical accounting knowledge of lease accounting (ASC 842) is critical.
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP BPC and lease accounting software is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, enthusiastic individual who works well under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willing to work extended hours when working towards reporting deadlines.
- Previous managerial experience is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 25% including air travel or auto travel.