Manager-Quality Assurance, Building Products
The Manager-Quality Assurance, Building Products, will be responsible for all aspects of quality within the division, including but not limited to mix design, raw materials, and manufacturing processes and procedures for concrete, clay, and/or stone-coated metal roof tile. The candidate for this position must have demonstrated ability to build relationships across the Westlake network, customers, vendors and governing bodies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comply with Westlake Safety and Quality Policies and Procedures
- Report all incidents and/or injuries to Plant Superintendent and Safety Manager.
- Attends company-sponsored training when necessary.
- Reports to work daily and on time unless otherwise excused.
- Enforces and assists in recommendations for quality improvement.
- Identifies, coaches, and trains employees in leadership positions.
- Assists with inspections of finished roof tile to confirm quality control of product.
- Trains and supervises department employees to detect unsatisfactory product quality.
- Works with facilities to ensure that products of unsatisfactory quality are rejected and contained.
- Works with the Manager - Quality on divisional performance metrics
- Aids in the development, training, and production of new products and product changes
- Works with Warranty Claims Department on product claims
- Ensures QC metrics and product audits are performed and documented periodically, meeting and/or exceeding QC standard.
- Works with facilities management to ensure color process application, stone coating process, clay roof tile manufacturing, and concrete mix quality meet QC standards while minimizing waste.
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of standard operating procedures as it pertains to quality.
- Responsible for management of the Root Cause Analysis process as it pertains to product quality defects.
- Attends all weekly staff meetings.
- Organizes and conducts periodic meetings with quality control employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Required at least 50% travel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry (preferred Concrete Chemistry), Engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ years working in a manufacturing environment in the quality department.
- Two years of concrete, clay or stone coated metal roof tile manufacturing experience preferred.
Required Behavioral Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit Westlake Behaviors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use data analyzing tools.
- Ability to influence change when necessary to drive results.
- Ability to collaborate and influence within the Westlake network and external customers.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with multi-level reporting relationships.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Quality Systems/Quality Assurance.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and coordinate with colleagues in multiple locations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, high level of attention to detail and adaptability to changing business requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel up to 10% is required.