Responsible for leading, managing and driving Marketing, Product Branding, Product Messaging for all of the Stone Brands. In all this represents over $350MM in annual revenue. This position also will support all of the Stone and Roofing Solutions categories with market research and market analysis.
Specialist - Marketing (1)
Duties and Responsibilities:
(in order of importance)
- Work with Associate Director, Marketing and Product Management to set product and marketing strategy for Stone Segment of the Westlake Royal Building Products Product Portfolio
- Own Product Brand planning, product brand messaging; the voice for each brand
- Own Marketing plan for each product brand including where and how it will be promoted in Digital, Print and Social media marketing
- Work with Product Management team to develop a product plan, including capturing the voice of the customer (channel and end-users), defining the strategic direction of the product(s) and then implementing that vision
- Provide effective and timely communications to internal and external customers
- Ensure annual sales and profit targets are met/or exceeded
- Working with Product Management, Manage all pre-product launch activities including photography and message planning
- Work with Digital Marketing team to execute Marketing plan
- Work with Marketing Programs team to execute downstream marketing plans including AIA classes, contractor programs, loyalty program, etc.
- Manage the Samples and Literature program along with the Marketing Specialist
- Key gatherer of market intelligence, competitive intelligence, competitive news and other market indicators - and then share that information widely to the organization
- Represent product at industry trade shows, customer events, internal and external training
- Participate in annual budget creation and manage budget forecasts, spends, variances for projects or activities related to assigned product lines
Experience and Skills:
- Self-starter with a minimum 5 years of marketing, sales or related experience - Experience in Stage/Gate process a plus
- Proven track record of success thriving in an energetic, fast paced work environment
- Previous experience with high end products required; building materials experience desired, but not required
- Must be able to work independently but also hold self and others accountable to create results through disciplined execution, particularly in a team environment
- Effective project management skills, solid understanding of marketing principles
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with high problem-solving skills
Education and Certifications:
BS/BA Degree in business or communications, will consider past experience in lieu of a degree
Up to 25%
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, sales reporting tools, and web-based applications required
- Working knowledge of graphics software - Adobe Creative Suite, etc. a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear and is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision (must be able to see and distinguish colors), peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US markets. The base pay range for this position is $115,000 to $150,000. This range is based on relevant market data in our lowest and highest geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience and skillset. Westlake is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, sign on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package (also to include a full range of medical and other benefits).