Material Balance Specialist
Validate testing specifications for all raw materials and monitors their compliance. Actively maintain the raw material specification spreadsheet. Additionally, check test specifications and results for each raw material shipment using the certificate of analysis and making a usage decision for each batch/lot of raw material. File raw material Certificates of analysis (COA), maintain records, and ensure purging when retention time is met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather finished production paperwork and make various copies for various personnel. Sort paperwork accordingly by production line and job.
- Reconcile each production job using reporting from production operators. Calculate process and cleaning times and enter into SAP.
- Consume raw materials amounts in SAP based on production reporting, and post finished inventory as graded by production.
- Make quality decision for all unrestricted inventory. Ensure proper adjustments for bulk truck and railcars are complete daily and communicate adjustments accordingly with the shipping department.
- Keep and maintain records of each production job, ensuring records are kept until retention time is up. Ensure records are purged once retention time has been met.
- Post sample line and color lab jobs as needed. Investigate any job or batch with reconciling issues. Check blend counts in the Wonderware system as needed.
- Make copies of scale tickets for superintendents and file the original copies for each production line. Maintain scale files and keep until retention time is met.
- Resolve real time issues with product reporting and labeling of products. Notifying/advising personnel dealing with real time reporting discrepancies to ensure corrections and improvements are made as needed.
- Communicate with superintendents when incorrect production reporting is found. Copies of production paperwork made and errors are noted then given to superintendents daily.
- Assist/communicate with shipping, scheduler, purchaser, CSR’s, and lab with any issues related to raw materials or finished goods as needed.
- Inform and assist lab with test result and validation issues to insure the automated COA system will have the required test results for daily shipments.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or the equivalent with a minimum of five years of operations experience or a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Experience with MS Office and experience with SAP
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with Production, Maintenance/Scheduling and Engineering department, managers, supervisors and craft workers
- Other duties as assigned