Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of the electrical systems in the plant, in accordance with the standards set by the NEC. In addition, you will be performing repairs on various systems such as mechanical, electronics, rotating equipment, HVAC, and instrumentation. It is essential for the incumbent to operate effectively operate in a multi-craft environment, which includes being open to taking on additional duties. A strong desire and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team is necessary for this role.
- Perform job tasks in a safe manner as instructed by supervisor.
- Experience with 480VAC,120v AC, 24vDC and 4-20mA systems
- Experience with calibration and installation of process control instrumentation
- Capable of interpreting schematics, blueprints, and PI&D drawings
- Knowledge of safe working practices such as lock out tag out, confined space, PPE, NFPA arc flash
- Experience with repair, rebuilding, and laser alignment of various rotating equipment including blowers, pumps, rotary valves, and conveyors
- Capable of basic pipe fitting skills including threading, installation, and flange make up of piping spool
- Perform routine predictive and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment using various surveillances including vibration, thermography, and, oil analysis
- Understanding and repair of building and grounds systems including structural, electrical distribution, water, drains, vents, roofs, compressed air, pneumatics, and nitrogen
- Actively participate in the site safety, quality, and 5-S teams
- Works closely with engineers, maintenance techs, site personnel, and outside contractors
- Basic computer skills including use of MS Office
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years’ experience working in the industrial/chemical industry with a focus on Electrical and Mechanical repairs
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job including physical exertions of standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, and working at heights Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Associates Degree with a mechanical/electrical emphasis
- Journeyman experience in the electrical field
- Experience and use of SAP maintenance module
- Experience with boiler operations
- Highly organized with proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a Chemical Manufacturing process with an understanding of Chemical products and Safety awareness.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports and records activities in the ERP system.
- Understanding how the facility’s electrical system operates under normal and emergency conditions.
- Performing preventative maintenance on variable frequency drives (VFD’s), motors, pumps, generators, etc.
- Installing or repairing faulty equipment, wiring, or control devices
- Troubleshoot equipment failures using a variety of meters
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams
Why Join Us?
At Westlake, you will be a part of global diversified team working together to provide the world essential and more sustainable products that enhance people’s lives every day. There are learning and development opportunities to craft your career path. We offer benefits that enhance your life such as competitive compensation package, health insurance, bonus incentives, retirement plan, life benefits - and many more.
- Pay: $35.53 -$45.00/hour depending on skills and experience
- Schedule: Monday - Friday from 6:00am - 2:00pm