Operator $20.16/Hr to $22.81/Hr + $1000 Signing Bonus
Starting Pay: $20.16/Hr to $22.81/Hr - Skill Testing with potential to progress up to $26.52/Hr within first year.
Sign on Bonus: $1,000.00
Night Shift Premium 10%/Hr for 12hr shift
Benefits day 1, 4% 401k match plus 2% annual employer contribution, quarterly incentive plan up to 8%, plus programs for fitness reimbursement, educational assistance, and employee assistance
Are you a motivated self-starter who enjoys working with your hands making a quality product? Do you enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting an issue from start to resolution? Have you asked yourself, "Does the company I work for care for my safety and overall future career development?" Do you enjoy working in a smaller environment with a close family feel? If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. With 35 manufacturing and distribution locations, the company supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building a better foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
SO WHY WESTLAKE PIPE & FITTINGS?
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS
- Benefits Effective Day 1
- Med, Den, Vision, 401k (4% match), Annual Retirement Contribution (2%), Life & AD&D
- Paid Vacation
- 12 Hr Shift Work 2/2/3 Rotation - This Equates to working 6 Months Out of the Year!
- Free lunch Fridays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Pay for Knowledge Program
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Shift Premium for Night positions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operation of automated extrusion lines, including loading gaskets and packaging end product for shipment
- Eye for detail, visually inspect product for quality assurance purposes.
- Analytical with a passion for math and measurements, measure and record pipe dimensions as required. Take the proper action according to SPC Charting
- Problem solver, control dimensions to maintain pipe specifications with direct supervision.
- You enjoy operating equipment and driving forklifts in order to move bundled pipe from the work area (scrap and good product).
- Own the process of making quality PVC pipe, assist in production line start-up activities and changeovers.
- High safety standard both personally and in the workplace
- Great with hand tools, cut and band scrap as directed.
- You take pride in a clean and organized work environment
- You expect equipment and tools to properly do your job, report any equipment malfunctions, product defects or unsafe conditions immediately.
- You enjoy working as an individual, however also thrive in a team environment, the Operator position is the best of both worlds.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- HSED Diploma or GED preferred, no prior experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Take your career to the next level and join WESTLAKE'S pipeline to success!