Operator-Night Shift-$17.50 p/h
Benefits day 1, 4% 401k match plus 2% annual employer contribution, quarterly incentive plan up to 8%, plus programs for fitness reimbursement, educational assistance, and employee assistance. Take your career to the next level and join us now!
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. Westlake Pipe & Fittings supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building A Better Foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Must work safely and maintain a safe, clean work environment, and perform available work as required by the supervisor.
- Responsible for startup, adjustment, and shut down of the extruder, haul off, saw, die, oil heater, steam tank, water tank, and auxiliary equipment.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Must be able to read, operate and understand all controls and warning devices along with making die, motor RPM, temperature, and pipe wall adjustments for producing products according to manufacturing standards with minimum supervision.
- Must perform detailed and accurate record-keeping in computer data system.
- Must be familiar with product standards and specifications.
- Must inspect pipe on-line as required and each finished pack or reel before adding it to finished inventory.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Start up and shut down an extrusion line.
- Prepare production reports and maintain records of machine settings.
- Monitor and make proper machine adjustments as required to ensure product quality, safe operation and optimal output of assigned production lines.
- Demonstrated ability to make die changes.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.