Operator - Profile & Matting
We are looking for a few good people to join us as Profile and Matting Operators!
What will you do?
- Learn to set up and operate equipment which extrudes and packages plastic parts that comprise our customer products.
- Performing a wide variety of semi-repetitive or unique precision assembly and production operations where methods and sequence of assembly are described by production specifications or detailed written instructions.
- The operator may have some opportunity to operate grinders, blenders, mixers and pelletizes.
- This position ensures the highest quality product at the lowest possible costs while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements in accordance with Dimex policies and procedures.
This role is a fast-paced continuous manufacturing line in a team-based manufacturing environment.
All production operator positions are part of a 24-hour operation of 12- hour rotating shifts. You will work a total of 7 dayshifts and 7 nightshifts in a 28 day period.
What Does Westlake Dimex offer to employees?
- Exciting and dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity for career growth
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly and annual bonus programs
- Day 1 benefits: Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance and optional life and dependent insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Matching 401K with an annual retirement contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Caregiver and Paternal Leave
- Scholarship program for dependents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and MORE!
See the details below and if this role sounds like a fit for you - don't hesitate, apply today!
We are currently holding open interviews on Tuesdays from 2:00 - 4:00 so you don’t have to wait to be contacted - just bring a resume (if you have one) and come on in!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for product packaging which includes weighing, labeling, and inspecting products that meet quality and shipping regulations.
- Sets up, starts up and operates all machinery
- Monitors all production and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Troubleshoots equipment and processing issues.
- Weighs ingredients to meet recipe specification and loads into machinery, or ensures the correct ingredients are delivered to the work area and loads pre-blended materials into machinery.
- Examines materials visually and/or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
- Completes and maintains all required system inputs/transactions. Responsible for data integrity
- Documents work completed as required including logs, data reports, procedures, etc
- Participates in training, meetings and continual improvement processes and methods
- Performs all required machine and tooling cleaning.
- Maintains plant housekeeping standards
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Mentors less experienced employees
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Entry level - At least 6 months proven experience in an industrial operations environment is preferred. Experience in a plastic extrusion, colorants and additives or related manufacturing environment is an added benefit. More entry level candidates may occasionally be considered if he/she demonstrates an aptitude for equipment-oriented work through some type of personal or scholastic experience.
- Work Standards - Sets high standards work performance; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks as is appropriate for the operator position.
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/materials.
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and apply these skills to weights, measures of volume, speed, and distance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in fast paced team environment.
- Must be competent in computer and PC data entry.
- Must have problem solving skills and some mechanical aptitude.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, scales, calipers, tape measure, hand trucks, utility knife and computer equipment.