To ensure that all equipment is operated properly, safely, and efficiently, resulting in neat, accurate and efficient packaging of all finished product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment while performing job duties.
- Set up Gaylord boxes and mark tares correctly - having a sufficient amount set up at all times to meet production demands.
- Inspect each Gaylord box and liner prior to filling to ensure that it is clean and suitable for use.
- Weigh and package material correctly with neat and legible labels on each package.
- Assist the machine operator on start-up and shut-down.
- Keep a constant watch on vacuum chambers from his station and finished product.
- At coolers, notifying the shift supervisor if anything is suspected.
- Handling and storing all finished product properly and efficiently, including bulk materials.
- Keep area and tools neat, clean and stored properly.
- Break open, disassemble, clean and reassemble coolers properly. Responsible for all cleaning of the coolers on his shift.
- Stack all packages neatly, even in temporary storage.
- Must be company oriented, willingly completing any tasks that are assigned to him by the production foreman.
- Understand and follows all Safety, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 established procedures.
- Understand that shift schedules are not set; willingly work the hours assigned with an understanding that overtime can be assigned at any given time.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must score Silver or above on WorkKeys test.
- Certified Forklift License and prior forklift experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing environment includes; dust, outdoor temperatures, high noise levels.