Starting pay: $18.54/hr
Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. Westlake Pipe & Fittings supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building a better foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
SO WHY WESTLAKE PIPE & FITTINGS?
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS
- Benefits Effective Day 1
- Med, Den, Vision, 401k (4% match), Annual Retirement Contribution (2%), Life & AD&D
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Pay for Knowledge Program
- Opportunity for Advancement
The production operator is assigned to a specific cell or work area on a production shift. He or she is responsible for the efficient operation of the production equipment and required to perform the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain operation of multiple lines, including loading gaskets and packaging end product for shipment.
- Visually inspect product for quality assurance purposes.
- Measure and record pipe dimensions as required.
- Take the proper action according to SPC Charting Control dimensions to maintain pipe specifications with direct supervision.
- Move bundled pipe from work area (scrap and good product).
- Assist in production line start-up activities and changeovers.
- Follow all operational and safety procedures.
- Cut and band scrap as directed.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area per established housekeeping standards.
- Understand Belling Operations.
- Report any equipment malfunctions, product defects or unsafe conditions immediately.
- Read and Understand SOP’s contained in Operator Manual Relieve and assist other operators as needed.
- Work as a team with other personnel.
- Other duties as required