Packer - Contract - Shift B
Participate and contribute to effective production efficiency by packing vinyl products according to customer specifications, recognizing and removing any defective product and ensuring that packaging is properly sealed for transportation.
COMPETITIVE HOURLY RATE, NIGHT SHIFT PREMIUM & ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES UPON HIRE
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING CONTINENTAL SHIFTS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack vinyl products as they become available from one extrusion/injection line as per specifications manual.
- Recognize, remove and/or report defective product and equipment .
- Prepare packaging for shipment and transportation (pre-glue boxes, interlock product and insert into boxes, ensure boxes are clear of vinyl punch slugs, glue and staple end caps to boxes and end flap are flush and square, use correct number of staples in the correct location).
- Maintains piece counts and correct number of completed cartons are stacked for crating.
- Ensures proper closure of carton and transport of carton to adjacent bed or skid.
- Keep working area free of scrap and maintain workplace safety.
- Monitor cartons and end caps for correct size and report discrepancies to Shift Supervisor.
- Participate in mid and year-end inventory count if required.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety, as applicable.
- Perform other duties as required by Shift Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to work 12 hour Continental shift
- Must have completed Grade 12 or equivalent
- Previous manufacturing experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have a good working knowledge of packing process.
- Must be comfortable using air operated equipment and must be able to lift production.