Planning & Inventory Analyst
CONTRACT - temporary position for less than a year.
Responsible for inventory management of finish goods across the fittings business. Analyzes inventory levels, inventory positioning, determines and executes a best plan of action for fittings inventory balancing in order to meet sales demand while reducing stockouts and overstock tendencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitors inventory levels, as well as executes inventory balancing across all fittings plants
- Perform inventory analysis to avoid out of stock or overstock events
- Develops dashboard to monitor inventory level and product mix to improve service level
- Communicate complex inventory problems to manager promptly
- Reports to management regularly and provides recommendations on improving inventory control, inventory management KPIs, as well as complex challenges and recommendation
- Design and roll out inventory-related projects to achieve right product mix across all sites
- Design and develop decision making tools for inventory management.
- Facilitate the execution of inventory analysis related to MTS, MTO and Safety stock
- Develop initiatives to reduce slow moving inventories, improve inventory turns, and Make vs Buy assessments
- Coordinate product stock transfer among sites.
- Collaborate with Production Planning, Sales & Operations Team, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Warehouse and Shipping to meet customer requirements and improve on-time deliveries
- Collaborate with S&OP and Capacity analysis team to understand and execute short-term and long-term inventory strategy
- Implement and track capacity planning, and consider capacity constraints at the sites in order to make decisions regarding inventory levels.
- Knowledge of master data including material master MRP, BOMs, routing and ECN process.
- Monitor and maintain planning parameters in MRP environment
- Work with plant managers, purchasing, shipping/warehouse managers to ensure resources are planned accordingly for inventory management activities to be successful
- Work with CSR, Sales and Product Planning team to determine supply priorities during conflicts.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field
- 3+ years of supply chain experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to develop concepts in an actionable strategy and plan
- Proficient computer skills in MS Excel, Access, Word and Outlook. MRP experience is required.
- APICS certification is preferred.
- Experience with SAP/JDE/Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred.
- Able to multi-task and display a high level of company/team spirit in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Be able to travel to sites if needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.