Westlake Pipe & Fittings, a Westlake company (NYSE:WLK), is the second-largest polyvinyl chloride pipe and fittings manufacturer in North America. Westlake Pipe & Fittings supplies gasketed, solvent weld and restrained joint pipes and a wide range of fittings for a diverse list of markets including municipal water and sewer, plumbing, water well, pool and spa, and agricultural and turf irrigation. Westlake Pipe & Fittings is an industry leader in product development with Certa-Lok® spline-lock technology and product systems that are focused on building a better foundation. To learn more, visit the website at WestlakePipe.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers and encourages our associates to succeed through individual achievement and teamwork. A career at Westlake Pipe & Fittings, is enriched with an innovative spirit, high work ethic, and rewarding experiences. We foster a culture that supports professional development, personal growth, and opportunities for advancement.
Directs the activities of each department through supervisors, who are responsible to produce effective results within their areas of responsibilities to ensure optimum product availability and line efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and checks operation of the plant to meet OHSA regulations.
- Runs the plant on a cost-effective basis and keeps subordinates informed of the financial health of the plant.
- Conducts staff meetings to learn and solve problems, to listen to suggestions for improvement and to establish goals.
- Conducts HS&E meetings execute plant safety to all levels of employees.
- Participates in local Plant Managers' meetings and attends community activities to enhance Company image in area.
- Approves daily, monthly, and annual reports and bid comparisons, status changes of employees, and process change in technical improvements.
- Prepares, reviews and controls plant budget, and executes AFE's.
- Makes recommendations on improvements that will increase earnings and reduce costs.
- Proposes Company policy that will lead the plant administration in a good manner.
- Recommends proper approaches to keep contractors performing well in maintenance and engineering.
- Recommends proper work force for special projects which were assigned to plant people to handle.
- Ensure quality goals are met.
- Maintain accurate production records and goals.
- Maintain labor, equipment cost and materials to ensure continued production to remain within projected budgets.
- Performs special projects as assigned and other coordinating activities as required to operate the plant on a cost-effective basis.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in Engineering or comparable experience.
- Prior experience in PVC extrusion and/or injection molding preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience with at least 5 years’ experience in a management role.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving abilities, and effective management skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in a written and verbal manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.