This role will be responsible for the operation of the Vinyl unit systems. Including demonstrating responsibility for quality in their job in reference to ISO 9001, training and qualifying for next level positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the safe, efficient, high quality, environmentally sound operations of the unit.
- Performs outside operating activities in the Vinyl unit.
- Observes, obtains, and records data readings.
- Maintains proper levels, temperatures, pressures, and flows.
- Writes work orders as required.
- Communicates and responds to direction by lead operator, chief lead operator, and shift supervisor.
- To ensure the operation of the Vinyl unit is in compliance with all Health and Safety Policies.
- Clear and prepare equipment for maintenance work.
- Sampling and testing of process materials.
- Responsible for the dryer and other utility areas in boiler & water plant.
- Be able to work alone and work well with others
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years’ Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Must score Gold or above on the ACT WorkKeys test
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing environments includes: dust, outdoors, high noise levels. Some of the work may be required in the operating units, which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.