The role of the Westlake Project GEM (Global ERP Modernization) Compounds PMO Lead is to collaborate with business unit sponsors in maintaining a prioritized GEM Project Portfolio, specifically focusing on Compounds. This portfolio encompasses major business processes such as order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, demand-to-supply, supply chain, human resources, and other critical functions. The Compounds PMO Lead ensures that actions are justified and initiated according to defined priorities, with approved Statements of Work and the Westlake Project GEM Project Manager. Accountability for Westlake Compounds overall project delivery performance, ensuring timely completion, adherence to budget, and exceeding customer expectations, is a key responsibility.
Westlake Information Systems Environment Summary
Westlake employs multiple MRP instances to oversee various functions, including Financials, Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Production Planning, Human Resources, Business Warehouse, BPC, and other ERP functions. Following recent acquisitions, Westlake now operates over 20 ERP systems, many of which are obsolete and fail to meet core business requirements. In response, the Westlake ERP team proposes a transition from 20 ERP systems to a future-state architecture featuring two modern platforms: a contemporary SAP platform and a modern JDE platform. This role specifically addresses the needs of the Westlake Compounds business unit, which will be housed in the new, cloud-based SAP S4 system.
The Westlake Project GEM - SAP Phase 1 project comprises three phases. Subphase 1.0, the Corporate Deployment, will establish the foundational structure utilized by all Westlake businesses in the new S/4 system. Additionally, it will migrate US Compounds businesses currently using ECC 6.0 into the new S/4 system. Subphase 1.1A will extend this transition to include all remaining Global Compounds locations into the S/4 system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the successful delivery of Compounds Project GEM deliverables, aligning with business requirements, maximizing Economic Value Added (EVA), meeting deadlines, and staying within budget constraints.
- Oversee the Project GEM Compounds Portfolio process, monitoring, and reporting on active Project GEMs, actively participating in strategic planning for the overall project roadmap.
- Provide strategic oversight of Project GEM estimating and budgeting, meticulously planning and scheduling project timelines. Maintain a centralized project repository with standardized progress reports and issue tracking.
- Facilitate the prioritization and allocation of resources for Compounds Project GEMs, ensuring optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure the GEM Compounds Team possesses the necessary resources for productivity and success in the Compounds Project GEM phase.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance standard processes and methodologies specifically tailored for Project GEM management.
- Participate and support the execution of Project GEMs.
- Provide comprehensive documentation, guidance, and performance metrics related to Project GEM management and execution.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on Business Application products, services, and standards, aligning with the goals of the Project GEM Compounds phases.
- Manage and provide guidance to junior team members involved in the Compounds Project GEM.
- Create or support the creation of necessary reports based on the needs of both business users and IS/IT management within the context of the Project GEM Compounds phases.
- Perform the primary responsibilities outlined in this job description for the successful execution of the Project GEM Compounds phases.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures throughout Project GEM Compounds phases.
- Fully support Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at both strategic and tactical levels within the Project GEM Compounds phases.
Up to six full-time Compounds business team members will report though this position during the Project GEM.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university in the field of computer science or an equivalent 5+ years of work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with a minimum of 3 years in implementing and leading SAP Applications.
- Proficiency in SAP functional areas such as Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, Financials, Plant Maintenance, and Manufacturing.
- Practical experience working hands-on with SAP version 6.0 or newer, with a preference for SAP S4.
- Familiarity with SAP configuration methods, tools, and techniques, and a preference for those with knowledge of ASAP methodology.
- Exposure to SAP web development methods and business warehouse.
- Comprehensive understanding of existing Westlake Compounds Business Processes and Ways of Working.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Experience with project estimating, budgeting, plan and schedule development, status updates, issues tracking, and progress reports is desired.
- Experience with business process analysis methods, flowcharting, and documentation techniques is desired.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong functional and technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IS standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, as it is primarily based in an office. Some work may be required in operating units, necessitating the usage of required PPE, including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. This may also involve exposure to outside elements and require the usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 25%, including air travel or auto travel, may be required.