Product Manager - Manufacturing
Responsible for leading, managing and driving sales and profitability of Westlake Royal Building Products’ brands within the Roofing Solutions Category. This position also will support the Roofing Solutions Category with market research and market analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(in order of importance)
- Work with Senior Manager, Product Management to set product strategy for DaVinci Roofscapes and Unified Steel Stone Coated Roofing brands within Westlake Royal Building Products Roofing Solutions group.
- Full P&L responsibility for managed product lines
- Product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including capturing the voice of the customer (channel and end-users), defining the strategic direction of the product(s) and then implementing that vision
- Provide effective and timely communications to internal and external customers
- Ensure annual sales and profit targets are met/or exceeded
- Set strategic pricing for products and act as an advisor for other price negotiations within the Sales function
- Manage all pre-product launch activities including beta jobs and early-stage activities coordinated with Sales
- Lead and/or support cross-functional teams including members from Manufacturing, R&D, Finance and Sales
- Work in partnership with respect to activities for the marketing programs. This includes product specific planning, developing, implementing and maintaining all marketing programs or projects
- Key gatherer of market intelligence, competitive intelligence, competitive news and other market indicators - and then share that information widely to the organization
- Represent product at industry trade shows, industry associations, customer events, internal and external training
- Participate in annual budget creation and manage budget forecasts, spends, variances for projects or activities related to assigned product lines
Experience and Skills:
- Self-starter with a minimum 5 years of marketing, sales or related experience - Experience in Stage/Gate process a plus
- Proven track record of success thriving in an energetic, fast paced work environment
- Previous experience with high end products required; building materials experience desired, but not required
- Must be able to work independently but also hold self and others accountable to create results through disciplined execution, particularly in a team environment
- Effective project management skills, solid understanding of marketing principles
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with high problem-solving skills
Education and Certifications:
BS/BA Degree in business or engineering, will consider past experience in lieu of a degree
Up to 50% of the time, with possible overnights at times
Office based out of Lenexa, KS
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, sales reporting tools, and web-based applications required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear and is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision (must be able to see and distinguish colors), peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US markets. The base pay range for this position is $99,000 to $130,000. This range is based on relevant market data in our lowest and highest geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience and skillset. Westlake is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, sign on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package (also to include a full range of medical and other benefits).
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities or may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.